What are your rates?
Please contact me for current rates and fees.
Do I need to have a piano?
Students need either an acoustic piano or good quality full size keyboard with weighted keys. Toy keyboards and non-weighted keys make it difficult for your student to learn to read music and develop proper technique.
How do I choose between and acoustic or digital piano?
Deciding whether to buy and acoustic or a digital piano can be a difficult decision. These links provide additional information and may help you in chosing.
- WikiHow: Choosing a piano – Digital or Acoustic
- Todd Piano Works
- St. Louis Piano
- Murray State University
How can I help my student?
Parental support is essential to mastering any instrument. These are ways you can help your child.
- Set aside daily practice time and ensure your child practices
- Open their notebook and go over the lesson notes with your child
- Ask them to play their favorite piece for you
- Have them perform a mini-recital for family and friends
- Tell them how proud you are of their hard work
Be sure to check out the How To Practice page for tips on developing good practice habits.